by Brenda Chroniak
I don't know about you, but I've had enough of this gloomy weather!
Rain or shine, BTT had a phenomenal weekend of results, with plenty of teammates on the podium, including:
- Erica Allen - 1st in her age group and 3rd overall at the Charles River One Mile Swim
- Mary Beth Begley - 1st in her age group at Mooseman International
- Lauren Bonaca - 2nd in her age group at the Iron Horse Half Marathon
- Joe Kurtz - 3rd in his age group at the Ludlow Boys and Girls Club Tri
- Meg MacSwan - 1st in her age group and 3rd overall at Escape the Cape
- Matt Pokress - 1st in his age group and 4th overall at Rev 3 Quassy 70.3 (even if he did get chicked by Mirinda Carfrae)
- Jamie Strain - 2nd in his age group and 6th overall at Rev 3 Quassy Olympic
Other top-ten age group finishes include:
- Victoria Arrigoni and Braden Larmon - 5th and 10th in their respective age groups at Quassy Olympic
- Tim Daley - 4th in his age group at Mooseman International
- Ed Galante - 8th in his age group at the RACE Friday 5K Summer Series race #1
- Carrie Mosher - 10th in her age group in the aquabike at Quassy 70.3
- Paul Newman and Kayle Shapiro - 9th and 6th in their respective age groups at Quassy 70.3
- Grace Tkach - 5th in her age group in the Charles River swim
a dozen other teammates raced and had solid finishes, too! Congrats to
everyone, and kudos to those who got it done in some nasty weather.
Speaking of which, read how Tim Daley braved the elements at Mooseman International, to finish with a smile.
This weekend brings Escape from Alcatraz, the Hyannis Sprint, and the Marlborough Triathlon. Good luck to Matt Bergin, Kelwin Conroy, Bethany Edwards, Brett Johnston, Sue Bruce, Maggie O'Toole, Mark Pelletier, Grace Tkach, Pat Dwyer, and Matt Pawa!